Warner Bros. Japan announced that the manga written and illustrated by Kazushi Hagiwara, Bastard!!! Ankoku no Hakaishin (Bastard!!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy), will have a new anime adaptation that will debut through the platform’s global catalog. Netflix this year.
Hagiwara published the original manga in the magazine. Ultra Jump from the publisher Shueisha between October 1987 and May 2010, compiling the work in a total of twenty-seven volumes. The work inspired an anime adaptation in the form of a six-episode OVA produced by the studios. AICunder the direction of Katsuhiro Akiyama and scripts written by Hiroshi Yamaguchireleased in August 1992. As the dates indicate, the anime adaptation did not cover the entire story.
- Kishou Taniyama as Dark Schneider.
- Tomori Kusunoki as Tia Noto Yoko.
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Gara.
- Youko Hikasa as Arshes Nei.
- Takaharu Ozaki (Goblin Slayer) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios. LIDEN FILMS.
- Yousuke Kuroda (My Hero Academia, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Sayaka Ono (CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon) is in charge of character design.
- Yasunori Ebi (Naruto) is in charge of the sound direction while Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto Shippuden, Fairy Tail) is in charge of the soundtrack composition.
Synopsis of Bastard!!! Ankoku no Hakaishin
The kingdom of Metallicana is under attack by the Four Lords of Chaos. This group of villains – the ninja master Gara, the deadly thunder empress Nei Arshes, the cold and calculating Kall-Su and the enigmatic dark priestess Abigail – will stop at nothing to get what they want, even if they leave utter destruction in their wake. High Priest Geo is desperate to help save the kingdom and its people. To do so, he turns to the powerful wizard Dark Schneider, a man who used to be an ally of the villains. Unfortunately, Dark Schneider has his own plans in mind – will he stop the Four Lords of Chaos or join them in their conquest of the world?
Source: Comic Natalie